Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It's Gettin' Hot in/over Here!!


Driving from NorCal to SoCal. Pictures in this post were taken by my dad and some by me with his waaaaaay better camera than mine.

#1 reason not to move to SoCal: The wildfires because it's too darn hot, dry, and windy here during the summers. Since I've been here I think I've seen about 3 fires on the news so far...And I've only been here a little over a week!

Anyways, during the school year I never have time to read for fun. I'm almost done reading Julie and Julia by Julie Powell, it's a very entertaining read! It really is fun to see someone take on a challenge that big without going nuts. I don't how I'd ever be able to do that...especially when Julie came across the chapter of making gelatine...eeeks! I can't wait for the movie to come out. I love Amy Adams. And Meryl Streep is always amazing. Mmm...the foodie movie of the year!! It might actually want to make me try cooking French food. If only it were as simple as the foods I learned about in my French classes.

Yesterday, I also bought Dorie Greenspan's Baking from My Home to Yours, for $6!! I love finding bargains :) This will sound surprising, but, well, I never heard of her until I plunged into the world of food blogs. I can't decide which recipe to try first, there are SOOO many!! Have you seen how thick that book is? And I need to find people to eat what I make too!! My boyfriend isn't around to polish off the sweets and I need to lose some weight from my baking binge that happened at the end of the school year.

And to go completely off topic, I just wanted to share some pictures from my trip to Santa Cruz and a Farmers Market we came across.

Me and my dad had some delicious baked goods at this stand, too bad we didn't try buying some of that mighty tasty looking bread.

My dad's choice.

And mine...

Yum!

<3


1 comment: